RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 01:57 AM
Rudolph Hart

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FNQFLYER
Well old fart (and others) our section of the nats is over. My mate got a 3rd in Nostalgia (by dint of an exception last flight, 3 minutes at less than 200ft, which for a 4 pound model in the glide is great). In Texaco we have CD supplied fuel, 15% oil (either castor or synthetic) and either 5% or 10% nitro. You can use your own but incur a penalty of 1 ml per pound). We use Enya 4 strokes in this event as they don't mind the 15% oil, but the Saitos (especially the modern ones) do not like the mix at all and add it the lean runs for max fuel "efficiency" and that reduced the competition by 3 I think. Competing at these levels against quality fields is really god and I recommend that attendance either as a competitor or "helper" is a good way to "get to see what the others are doing" Invaluable experience. But I am really glad it is now over. It was a good comp, great weather great competitors and organisation. Now to Canowindra next year and wopping that West Australian mob that seem to think they can beat us every couple of years.
That was a good read and i think i understand what you are saying trev,as a joke when i get my camera battery charged will post a pic of my well loved 82 muffler black as and coated in burnt castor.What a pity you can't scrape that stuff off and sell it as bbq oil,would make the snags and steaks taste so much better.

Got the duke back after a major cambelt service and we are riding in the hills tomorrow along with thousands of competition cyclists on narrow windy double white line roads with hundreds of frustrated car drivers,us bike riders trying to trickle through too.A riding mate pinched this all over the road female cyclist on the rear end as we went past last year out of shear frustration,they had back up trucks following behind so slowly that thinking about performing brain surgery on yourself with a black and decker drill and a blunt bit was a realistic alternative.