RCU Forums - View Single Post - Convert Heng Long Sherman to work with Taigen 2.4ghz transmitter.
Old 04-17-2015, 05:33 AM
jroz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Captain B I sort of had the same idea, but going in the other direction. I want to use the same controller for all my tanks and it's kind of neat controlling 2 tanks at the same time, but I'd rather be on 2.4ghz than 27mhz. The Taigen TX looks a bit naff, like something you'd get with a cheap drug store bought RC car and the MG control is just weird (toggle switch for MG. What were they thinking??) The only thing is I've found the Taigen 2.4ghz controls to be a lot more responsive than the Heng Long 27mhz. My friend has a Heng Long Tiger with 27mhz and the thing lurches around, compared to my 2.4ghz panther's smooth movement, and dies after traveling a certain distance away, while the panther keeps on rolling toward the horizon . Range is a big concern with me because we use the tanks primarily in woods and parks. So fun watching people from a distance who are wondering where in the hell the two battle tanks that just rolled past them came from. I think what I'm going to do is seek out a hobby grade 2.4ghz handset, purchase a clark or ibu2 for the panther and whack the panther MFU into the Sherman. Now my next question is (brace yourselves for the potential newbyness of this) will I be able to bind my taigen rx18 in the Sherman to the new hobby grade radio?? Obviously for convenience sake I'd like to be able to control both tanks with the same handset, using the same buttons/sticks to perform the same actions on both.

As always, you guys have beyond helpful in your responses.