RCU Forums - View Single Post - NGH 38CC 4 stroke
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 05:34 AM
DoctorG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Guys
New to this thread - just picked it up on search engine as I am have a mare of a day with a new NGH FG38 bought from HobbyKing. When it first arrived I quickly mounted it in a test stand and got it to fire up in idle. It did that easily on an electric starter. As the prop I had was a tadge small and a tadge damaged(!) I dismounted and put it away to mount in the airframe.

Now in the airframe (1/4 scale Stampe - not that this is relevant) and it will not get above 3000 rpm on full throttle. 19x8 wooden AGM prop 20:1 fully synth mix.

Running is not smooth or reliable at that level either. Will idle at 1700 rpm or so but again not at all reliable. I have tried adjusting the needles a la standard Walbro setting up with little affect. Hi end needle seems very sensitive. It has had 30-40 minutes of intermittent running so I would have thought I should be seeing some stability in settings by now even if not fully bedded in.

My next port of call would be the timing but earlier posts here leave me confused. I would have set it to 28-30°TDC but it seems that it may require 40°. Before I start down that path I would appreciate any informed input.

My experience with gas is less than glow but I have run a number of bog-standard 26cc size 2 strokes and I currently running an ASP120 gas conversion (which is really sweet) that I a set up from scratch. So I am surprised I can't get this baby working.

Thanks in antcipation