RCU Forums - View Single Post - Convert Heng Long Sherman to work with Taigen 2.4ghz transmitter.
Old 04-17-2015, 06:05 AM
CaptainB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi jroz - I think the problem you describe with your tank lurching is not really a radio TX issue - probably more to do with the mechanics,RX or the MFU (RX18?) or all three. I've noticed that some RX18 boards are more responsive than others and just a swap out helps a lot. Your other point about range - well I've not had a problem driving my Crystal based tanks almost out of sight, but I appreciate that a 2.4ghz system may be better and more reliable for this reason. Just depends what you want to do - as I say - for me the crystal based system using one TX is great!!! Having said all this, I would not object to upgrading to a hobby based radio system. I do a lot of RC electric flying and all my aircraft are on one - Flysky 2.4ghz radio system - absolutely brilliant - full range and 20 model memory. I am using this same radio system with my Clark airsoft setup for my Jagdpanther which is what I am wrestling with at the moment. I have put side gun traverse in this tank so it should be great when done - more news on that later.

Tally ho

CaptB