RCU Forums - View Single Post - Fly Eagle Jet F16 scale 1/7
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 10:11 AM
mikes68charger
My Feedback: (34)

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

So I dont know if this one was done better than the rest as it was given by FEJ for a Raffle at so Jet show.

But I have to say it has been very odd to find not single air leak in the door rams, or retracts. The Retract all work with no mods, granted mine dose not have the sweet scale gear like the SM.

I still went throw everything and loctited the bolts, I couldn't belive the breaks worked and worked wheel, as I was given a set of FEJ rear wheels for the byron F16 I was working on and they were completly useless in jet as the breaks would just leak no mater how much lub, or work you did to them.

I have been debateing about cutting holes in the bottoms of the wings like I did for the elevators, but from what I can see from the servo hach, etc it all looks good, I did read on the Non Honeycomb jets some had isses with the carbon spar pulling out of the wing like a popsicle stick as they were just glued in basa, but this has ply and honeycombe epoxy to the carbon spar, It looks really good, and the servo bay was a little over built for my likeing.

So my other issue was the rudder, I did not like the FEJ methoud, even thow it would of been nice, they tried to make the rudder easy to pull off with just 2 easy to reach from the out side alen head bolts in the rudder base. They wanted you to mount a standard servo in the base with a 11/2in allumnum finger bolted to your servo arm to reach up inside the rudder it self. I tried and tried and I could not get this set up to work to my likeing. So out came the cut off wheel.

I used a very thin dimond cut off wheel they sell at lowes, cut a hole bigger than a standard servo, while inside the rudder looked around and everything look good, added some more aropoxy, ( I tend to use atleast 1 tube per build) then took the honeycome skin I cut off, epoxy light ply to the skin on both sides of the inside of the rudder, then built hardwood blocks to the skin, then build blocks that I was able to screw from the bottom of the rudder, and 1 from the other side of the rudder skin, But I didn't like the gap so I just aropoxy the skin smoth with the rudder, I really dought I will have to replace the servo but If I have to I will just cut it out on the glue joint.