RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 11:21 AM
SrTelemaster150

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by spaceworm
Ryobi 4 stroke engines were very available for free at my strimmer repair/sales shop three years ago.. I had 3 of them, but moved and gave them away. You might check that source, although maybe by now they have been purged even from the junk piles.

I have tried to get a Stihl 4-Mix with no luck, even though the shops said they were not a commercial success. Seems the customers thought that since they were 4 stroke that they did not have to add oil to the gas mix. And they burned them up. Still the shops would not give them away (Stihl Co. policy?).

Sincerely, Richard
Club Saito #635; Saito 56, 100, 120abc, 130T, 180
YS F 120;
I just checked Stihl's site & their entire line of trimmers & brushcuttes appears to be 4-strokes given the "FS" prefix.

I bought an FS-90 years ago not even knowing it was a 4-stroke, but the operating characteristics soon caused me to investigate.

In addition to trimming around the yard/garden, I use it to clear shooting lanes in the woods. W/the 3- blade steel cutting head, it will slice though 1 1/2" pine saplings in 1 swipe. Hardwood & larger pine saplings can still be whacked off W/several swipes.

It starts easily & has never missed a beat.

Last edited by SrTelemaster150; 04-17-2015 at 11:25 AM.