RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 60cc Corsair
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2015, 01:55 PM
njmheli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi mirored.

I think that "Tom" may have the answers you are looking for...........I think that because of the "gap" most people have with regard to the centre section "fitting" against the fuzz,the dimension from say the tip of the prop to the leading edge of each wing will differ a little.

I think the better dimension to use,if trying to see the difference,may be from a point on the same blade,to say the centre point of the c o g position....marked on either side of the fuzz..?

Note : Tom stated in a reply that the "Keleo-Box" uses about half of the factory off-set and therefore,expect to use some rudder trim to compensate for this...?

I also think,but "Tom" has not given a reply to this,with regard to the off-set on the engine C / L position.........has this been moved over to the STD side more , to allow the #3 cylinder to fit into the cowl,with out the need for cut-outs...?

I will assume that the factory off-set to the right on the F/W,then gives a "setting" for the engine C / L off-set, to allow the "spinner" to be in the middle of the cowl,looking down from above...?

For the #3 cylinder to fit in the stock cowl,the engine C/L must have been moved......? chip in here Tom...?

Just my thoughts,but willing to be corrected !!!!

I think that the Keleo box is a great idea to lesson the amount of work that has to be done on the stock F/W to mount the 84............very neat and looks to be pretty quick retro-fit.

Kind regards.................Nick (UK).