RCU Forums - View Single Post - First Impression of new I gyro 3E ( Flying )
Old 04-18-2015, 06:07 AM
Eddie P
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Beachy1968
As soon as I switched it on I noticed the jet felt more locked in but a slightly less favourable effect was that it also felt like the model was less responsive to small inputs, sort of like how I'd expect it to feel if I increased the amount of expo in my transmitter. As a result I've had to reduce the expo in order to sharpen up the small input response to feel like it did with out the gyro. Is this normal for this unit?
This "may" depend on a combination of your expo and also might have something to do with your dual rates. I am not certain. I also noticed this but the effect was not that dramatic as I typically set my dual rates only slightly less "sharp" than my full rates. I prefer responsive planes I guess.

What I've also observed on several types of models in different setups on this gyro is that while "Rate" will soften the rough edges of a control setup, "Attitude" mode will not soften the models response at all and seems to be a generally crisp and assertive flight control algorithm. The Attitude mode will fly the model more aggressively with stick deflection IOW. More like less expo is considered and there is no dual rate mix if that's what's occurring in "Rate" (??). I am probably not describing it correctly and I don't want to confuse anyone, if I need to clarify I will.