View Single Post
Old 04-18-2015, 11:41 AM
4ptroll
My Feedback: (35)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ******* Boomerang is Back ******

Boomerang is Back J
Dear Fellow Turbine Pilots,

I am pleased to announce that the heartache and sadness of knowing that you could no longer get a Boomerang Jet is a thing of the past.

My name is Larry Roper and I have been flying RC for over 25 years. A few years back I got hooked on Turbines after being introduced to them on a Boomerang Sprint.

Like many I was saddened to see the Boomerang brand disappear from the Jet Scene. So I decided to reach out to Alan Cardash , the designer of the Boomerang line of jets and see if anything could be done to bring Boomerangs back into production.

Well after a few phone calls between Alan and I, we decided it was worthwhile to travel to China and meet with the factory owners and discuss some of the issues that had hurt the brand recently.

We had them produce 3 samples for us to inspect while visiting with them. They produced a Sprint, an Elan and a Torus.
Well when we openedthe boxes, we were excited to say the least.

The packaging has been redesigned to better protect the kits during shipping. The glue joints of the Torus where as good or better than any other kit out there. In fact all 3 samples where perfect. Just as they should be.

We worked with the factory for 2 full days and assembled all 3 kits while we were there. They all went together as expected and we fully expect that level of quality to remain in place.

Once we were happy with the production end of business it was back to the negotiating table with Alan. Boy is he tough. We struck a deal on a hand shake as he still had to get Patricia’s blessing. That was going to be the tough part.

With Patricia’s blessing in hand I went to work and placed the first order with the factory.

Boomerang RC Jets,LLC is expecting the first order to arrive in mid August.

In the mean time I will be working on the new website and the minutia of getting a new business off the ground.

The main goal of Boomerang RC Jets is simply to continue to fill the needs of those pilots who appreciate the special flying qualities of a Boomerang Jet.

Whether it’s a Sprint, Elan, Torus or XL. Boomerang RC Jets will now be handling the distribution and territory previously handled by Patricia and Boomerang USA.

I will be traveling to a few of the Jet events through out the upcoming season and I look forward to meeting you and welcoming everyone to the Boomerang Family.

I look forward to hearing from the jet community and for now, I can be reached by email at: [email protected]
Once the Website is up and running I will have more detailed contact information.

Until Then,
Happy Flying,
Larry Roper
Boomerang RC Jets, LLC

Last edited by j.duncker; 04-21-2015 at 07:08 AM. Reason: Typos