RCU Forums - View Single Post - KAOS AND RELATED PLANES AND INFO
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2015, 08:50 AM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by doxilia
Hey Matt,

That sounds like an interesting variation on the Kaos! A twin 40 cc with plug-in wings - nice. Are you planning on keeping the 300% thick foils...

I went down to 14% from the originals something which lends itself well to a plug-in approach as it leaves some fuselage below the wing on which the panel can make contact.

Where do you plan to put the pipes? Slung right underneath the fuse? If so, then plug-in panels sound like a must. Removing one pipe each time the wing is bolted on or removed is chore enough. Having to do two pipes...

BTW, which pipes work well on that engine? I am thinking of that very engine for another 2m build. Not sure if I can get the pipes into the design though.

David

David,

A liitle off the Kaos topic. Are 90 sized 2 stroke engines allowed in Vintage pattern events? I just started running the OS GT15 (gas) in my grandson's TeaCup (mod T-Clips). A sweeter runner I have not experienced. It's on muffler only so far (I will check it out on a pipe at some point too) turning a 14-8 apc at around 9000. Very good performance for an 8 lb airframe and extremely quiet (engine is soft mounted); I'd guess overall output to be similar to a well tuned glow 60 but not exactly a good comparison.