RCU Forums - View Single Post - Christen Eagle - Building, Alterations and Modifications
Old 04-20-2015, 10:25 PM
grassie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 308jockey
I don't know what mine is but it would be easy enough to measure it as I leave the plane assembled and transport it that way. I find mine pushes to the bottom a little in knife and also tends to nose up a little when inverted. I suspect this one is a little tail heavy with only an OS 160 in it. It rolls beautifully, loops ok but not enough power for big loops. I like it a lot though but don't fly it often enough. I'll get out the incidence meter and check. It was used when I bought it and I never checked. I probably should. I might add that it is one of the nicest landing bipes I've tried and slows down more than I would have expected. It took me several tries to get used to it but is quite graceful on landing.

Rick H.
I would really appreciate if you are willing to do that. I have spent hours working on the incidence and it is still not right. Thanks in advance for your trouble.

@av8djc - Thanks for that input. I believe you might be right. Some say the bottom should be +1, top -0.5 and stab -1.5. I have seen some say 0 for all and then like you stated -0.5 top and the rest 0.

I would like to have it first hand from someone with a CE that flies well and lands like it should though. The repairs to my CE set me back a third of the cost of the kit. I would hate to damage it again. Oh, and yes, according to some bystanders I was a little hot on the landing....

Last edited by grassie; 04-20-2015 at 10:27 PM. Reason: forgot to say something