RCU Forums - View Single Post - Glow Plugs and older engine.
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 06:40 PM
erwabo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Glow Plugs and older engine.

Okay..so I am 100% beginner. My wifes grandpa who cant fly anymore gave me all his stuff. Including 2 trainer planes. One has a Saito FA-150 engine and the other has OS MAX-60FP. The transmitter is a Futaba FP-T8UAP (old 72 Mhz model) The receiver works fine in one plane, however the other plane not sure whats up with it. The receiver and servos all worked ONCE, then I turned off the transmitter and turned it back on and all the servos twitch and then I have nothing, so that MAY be a bad receiver because the other one works.

Any how my question is these engines. I bought an igniter stick with a glow plug tester and both plugs are good in the engines....however both of the instruction manuals for the engines talk about using a 1.5 volt dry cell and using the old resistance coils to heat the glow plugs. So will an iginiter stick work? I couldn't get either engine to even begin to start. Neither one is set up to take an electric starter, they are both hand start due to the propeller mounts. I followed the priming instructions and the only thing I can think of is I flooded the engine which seems like it would be an easy beginner mistake, but I thought there would at least be something.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Thanks