RCU Forums - View Single Post - Glow Plugs and older engine.
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 12:30 PM
erwabo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bikerbc
There is a place where you can send your head to have it repaired . They put a heli coil in to repair the threads . This is something I am sure you must know but I will mention it anyway . Are you charging your transmitter and is it holding the charge ? You have two sets of batteries to look after . One set for your aircraft and one set inside your transmitter . They both must be charged seperatly . If you are trying to start your engins with the old fuel tanks you should replace everything . New tank,new fuel lines ,the works . The old stuff is rotten by now . Start over fresh . Four stroke engines have valves that get sticky and need to be clean and free working . A good soak in glow fuel should help . I would only dismantle as a last resort . You could take the carb off but don't get into takeing the valves apart if you can help it . You need to be careful and make sure things go back together the same way that they came apart . The little springs and retainers can easily go flying .
" A good soak in glow fuel will help"...you mean take the whole engine and stick it in fuel?

Yeah all my batteries (transmitter and receiver) are fully charged. I charged them last night.

Last edited by erwabo; 04-22-2015 at 12:33 PM.