RCU Forums - View Single Post - are these blades any good for cp pro?
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2015, 08:50 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys,

Nick,

Your senior project board looks real good and professionally built - good job.

Your schedule will be very busy with school, internship on the weekdays, and your job on the weekends - be careful this close to the end of your school to not burn yourself out on overload. Moderation is key now...

JPEE,

Scary stuff with that windy landing and unfortuate chicken dance ending. Glad it was just pride damage and nothing to you physically. I think we all have some physical scars from mistakes made from our heli's and they are definite learning lessons.

I have been taking my Fusion out on Sunday's as that is usually the one day a week that my wife works and I have the time with my son to go flying.

Last Sunday it was in the late afternoon that we headed out and so the skies looked a bit threatening but that is Florida weather - can look bad but nothing happens. This won't be one of those times as I found out! We get to our flying area and I take out my Stinger EDF jet to get warmed up. The winds are howling but the jet is doing great and sounds awesome. Landing was a bit hairy as she was bucking but got her down in one piece.

I notice on the horizon rain bands but decide to get the Fusion out knowing it can handle the winds. I've actually enjoyed flying in the wind with this heli. So up she goes and I have a fun 4 minutes. Near the end I can feel some rain drops so start getting ready to land then in slooow motion I see (and hear) the rain band approach. I get her on the ground quick, unplug and get her in the car as the skies open up. My son and I jump in the car soaking wet but the heli and plane are both dry. Great fun and I take the time while its pouring out to take the canopy off and fold the blades into their holder. It really was a fun day.

In other news I have been very busy the past 23 days getting my house in SC ready to sell. The lease for the tenants ended on Mar. 31 and it has been an uphill battle to get things done with this management company. I will be making a trip to the house to do the interior painting and inspect myself the work already agreed upon. I have also been dealing with the bank (Bank of America) trying to get a deferrment on the mortgage loan as I can't make 2 house payments. And then get to deal with insurance companies telling me they can't cover a vacant house so I have to look for another carrier. Oh the headaches. I do have a realtor and she is waiting for me to finish getting the house in show condition before officially putting it on the market. I will sign a relief when the house is on the market, mortgage loan is deferred, and insurance situation is settled. On a positive side I did get all the utilities finally turned on and in my name this week.

Mark