RCU Forums - View Single Post - KAOS AND RELATED PLANES AND INFO
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 09:43 AM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by doxilia
I take it the GGT is quite popular then. If you get any feedback on them from users including pipe response and performance, please drop me a line. But... a sensible gas 15 would certainly be a good option to a 4-stroke 90. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the gas 15's have the same mounting pattern (dimensions) as OS 60 size engines (FSR, SF, FX, AX), yes?

BTW, why is there no need for an ignition battery on the ignition GT? Are you using the same battery used for the radio?

Sounds good. Let me know what you find on it once piped.

Thanks, David
I will let you know.

I'm not sure if the GG15 is popular. That goes for the GT15. The first batch of GG15's sold off and they have been waiting for the next batch.

The GT15 ignition engine is electrified through a Tech Aero IBEC (ignition battery eliminator). It uses the airborne battery/switch for the radio to power the ignition. This device has key features that make it superior to any other IBEC on the market. But safety and convenience are two very important ones to me. Activates and deactivates the ignition from the TX. It weighs about 1/2 ounce and consumes about 100ma per 20 minutes. And at only 40$ it's inexpensive.