RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hangar 9 60cc Corsair
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 11:06 AM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

I just ordered my retracts from Sierra, talked to Darrel and verified that these are specifically made for the H9 Corsair, they are not the P40 or Ziroli Corsair gear. I also ordered his 5" wheels and an air control kit from him. He said I should have them in hand by the end of next week, I'll keep on waiting. I'll post pics when I get them and once installed if anyone is interested.

Next thing to wait on is servos.... I'm going Savox 1267SG on control surfaces (overkill I know but that's the only way I know) but I'm going to use MKS HV6110 servos for the gear doors. They are high voltage compaitble thin wing servos a little spendy but should do the job nicely. My plan is to control them on a JR Xbus channel that way I can set center, end points, speed etc using only one radio channel for all 4 servos. This will be my first time setting up Xbus but it looks pretty simple. I'll also be using the JR Infinity receiver and Xport Xbus PWM converter (not in stock in the USA yet). Sounds like a lot of equipment but total weight of the receiver and converter is about 3oz and will give me total flexibility in the setup.

The hardest part about this plane so far is sourcing the equipment to go in it!