RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 04-23-2015, 02:46 PM
donnyman

Received 124 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by GallopingGhostler
Yes, it will be neat to see it again after all these years. Scientific advertised this kit for a short time then discontinued it. I guess it wasn't popular enough to be profitable. Here's an ad, I don't know what magazine it was in, think it may be from 1965. It is 5 down in the second column on the left.

Good thing you got that repaired, Donny. I've done things like that too, good you got that sorted out.

Oh, I think the honey doo's did help. It kept her happy, so you could work on other things.
Well now, I remember that ad very well, I used to study it like a text book. I had the airplane next under yours the "little mustang" had to be about 1955 or so painted olive drab. the ply firewall was always loose due to the comet glue getting fuel soaked along with the paint that stayed gooey. I got a couple of flights with my trusty Spitzy .045 As I remember it was one of those hollowed log type of fuse and slab sheet wing. the cowl was alum. or tin sheet that I could not figure out how it mounted so I left it off. my first successful ukie.

got another camera, here is a quick pic. of my current project. it is in primer now, I'll add more pic.'s later.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0183.JPG
Views:	275
Size:	2.37 MB
ID:	2091386   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0184.JPG
Views:	230
Size:	2.39 MB
ID:	2091393