RCU Forums - View Single Post - JAS-39 Gripen Owners/Build Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 01:40 PM
rcjets_63
My Feedback: (4)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks guys. I really am looking forward to having the plane static judged at Top Gun. The Top Gun judges are excellent and I am most interested in their feedback about what they see, any discrepancies, and their suggestions. I'll use this info to make the plane even better for the Jet World Masters in August.

The plane gets packed tonight for it's trip to Florida. Last night I did some final preparation and added a few more scale details including the GPS sensor behind the cockpit, the formation lights at the front of the plane, and the aft exhaust outlet. All that remains are some details on the wingtip missile rails which I'll do this weekend (and hand carry the rails on my flight to FL) and painting the cannon and some undernose details (which I'll do in the tent at the event).

I'm really pleased about how well the canard and fin vinyls look. Bob Belluomini did a excellent print job. Give him a call if you have printing needs. Below is a comparison of the model and the full scale. I have circled in red a variety of comparison reference points (such how as the bottom edge of the rudder middle hinge is just above the highlight claw bone). I'd say that's a 10....fingers crossed ;-)

Finally, thank you to everybody for their kind wishes. My goals for Top Gun are simple: Put in a respectable showing, don't finish last, bring the plane home in one piece, and have fun. My best wishes to all Top Gun competitors and all R/C jet enthusiasts everywhere.

Regards,

Jim
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4417.JPG
Views:	926
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	2091628   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4418.JPG
Views:	1013
Size:	155.5 KB
ID:	2091629   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4419.JPG
Views:	955
Size:	139.6 KB
ID:	2091630   Click image for larger version

Name:	Comparison of Left Fin Views.jpg
Views:	987
Size:	290.8 KB
ID:	2091659  

Last edited by rcjets_63; 04-24-2015 at 01:48 PM.