RCU Forums - View Single Post - OMG it arrived - Profi speed .049
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2015, 07:51 PM
AndyW
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by combatpigg
Andy, if your CS has 180 degrees of exhaust or more, then it won't be able to resonate like a 1/2 A Speed engine should with much more than a 4 x 4 prop [with really skinny blades]. This really limits it's usefulness to very small, thin and light planes.
Figure that it's designed to run at about 40,000 on FAI fuel.
If you can meet all the conditions required, then it ought to fly a RC plane at 150 mph +
Thanks CP,

And, well, that's my problem. I tend to run big lumber like 6 X 3 Tornados. And this is all kind of Deja Vu, we've been through this before. I may have notes on a to do list somewhere. Thanks for taking the trouble to repeat your good advice.

I took a pic of the exhaust end and hope you can make sense of what you see.

The glass/carbon prop is 5" X ? which I got from.. shoot, the nice man who sold VA MK2s a while back. But compared to the 4.5 X 2 Cox grey, it eyeballs as a 2" pitch. Would a 5 X 2 load the engine similarly to a 4 X 4? Or close enough? This IS the prop I used but I only had 5% fuel at the time.

You know, maybe I'm just not wired for screaming RPMs and 150 mph. I'd never find a place to find such a plane much as I'd like to try it. I could just sell it.

It's had maybe two runs, it's dead nuts clean, snaps over smartly, has new bearings, and includes the prop, a throttle and pipe. AND. the silicon O-ring. The only thing missing is the swarf that the factory generously provided as a bonus.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0001.JPG
Views:	101
Size:	644.2 KB
ID:	2091822   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0003.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	698.0 KB
ID:	2091823