RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great Planes new Escapade for DLE 30cc?
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2015, 06:04 AM
JoeMamma

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jet22b
so you may want to play with the control horn to see if you can get more throw.
aka
jet22b
Hi Sonny,

I really can't get any more throw without some modifications. It's not really the control horns or a pull-pull system where the problem is.

When I took the pre-hinged vertical stab/rudder assembly from the box, I noticed I could only get about 2 inches of throw per side.
The problem is, it's the fact that the beveled edge strikes the flat edge to soon, meaning I can't get any extra throw without first cutting the pin hinges, removing the covering at the beveled edge, increasing the bevel angle by sanding it down, recovering the beveled edge and then installing a new set of pin hinges.

It's not a showstopper, just some extra work. I usually allow the rudder edge to come very close to contacting each of the elevators at full throw. In fact, it's usually the elevators that limit me to maximum rudder throws.

On my Great Planes 85" Reactor I have about 6-7 inches of throw per side. With its big a** rudder, it makes for some really crisp and tight stall turns. Seven inches of throw ? Now that's what I'm talkin' 'bout !!

Joe M.