RCU Forums - View Single Post - Welcome to Club SAITO !
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2015, 02:33 PM
Cougar429
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hobbsy, I have 3 Sullivan starters on battery packs, a pair of Hi-Torqs and a Dynatron. Picked up that last one for a song recently as the previous owner bent the shaft with a prop strike. Took it apart and straightened it at work. From what I can see the only omission on their part was at least a bearing on the rear to handle the end loads.Did some dim checks and with a bit of effort could mod it for that, but have to stop that sort of thing and concentrate on getting all the projects ready for the season.

Anyway, they were also selling Sullivan batt cases with the charge indicator at the Toledo Show for half price as they forgot to bring the bracket assemblies. Easy fab as I had done the same on the previous pair so I moved things around. The smaller have been relegated to the normal cone and heli shaft start and the Dynatron is on that new Sully pack with a 4S LiPo and the larger cone for the 125's. Should be able to handle anything in the fleet now without dragging the field box and cables.

As I mentioned I recently traded for a baffed 100. Just installed the bearings and reassembled. Seems up to par and should be a good addition to the others waiting for a firewall to bolt to, I also am picking up a T/F Spit kit and have to decide which spare, the 91 or 100, would be the best match.

Last edited by Cougar429; 04-25-2015 at 02:35 PM.