RCU Forums - View Single Post - KAOS AND RELATED PLANES AND INFO
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2015, 10:23 PM
MTK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by doxilia
Matt,

thanks in advance for the info when you have it. I just read in MAN this evening that the only difference between the GGT and the GT is the head and glow plug. In other words, one can convert a GT to a GGT by picking up a new head and plug and dispense with the IBEC as much as it sounds cool. I guess 4 oz hit is not huge on a model that size. The glow plug is probably just more compact and doesn't expose what might be an unsightly spark plug ignition chord. Not a problem with a larger scale aerobat (or a cowled model) but a little more so on a classic. Tower is showing the GGT15 to be in stock at the moment.

I also noticed that they will have a GGT10 in late May! Maybe an interesting 45 methanol glow replacement?

It's becoming increasingly clear that OS put its R&D pennies into gas and electric rather than ethanol as it appeared they were planning to do a few years ago with their "green" engines.

David
Agreed. I only wish that they would make some of these engines in rear exhaust. Their GT33 for example would be much simpler to set-up and operate in the tight confines of pattern fuses. Oh BTW, the carb on the GT and GG15 is the more conventional barrel type we are all familiar with. That combined with their pump in the back of thecase makes for very nice throttle response more in line with glow and no throttle curve needed. That's another item on the wish list for the GT33.

And my apologies again for the sidetrack