RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another Drone Pilot does it Again
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2015, 10:39 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by franklin_m
Good point; I'd ask "How many RC pilots know that?" There's a fair number of these "drone" reports that are not NOT quads. Yet another reason why a cap on RC Ops at 400' AGL makes abundant sense.

In my mind, that will be the next shoe to drop if there continues to be conflicts. FAA will turn 91-57 from voluntary compliance to mandatory compliance.
Help me know Every circling after an approach that I can find in my Approach plates seems to have a a max of 1-1/2 miles and Non as low a 400' AGL most of these are to get to a runway that does not have a working instrument approach to the active runway because of wind ect.
Also there is an APE that made for androiad and IPhones that showsall the airports and their 5 mile radius and their extensions for Instrument approaches and I thought all the location of the Registered AMA fields here on a forum that showed all the places R/C flight would not be permitted above 400'.
There has never been any kind of problem (if only negligible) since so many people not familiar with R/C TOYs started flying because of Fomies and now Stabilized flight systems with GPS and route programing. Again it a matter of Educationg the Ignorant. Now the stupid are Unfix-able, I agree but they are Incarceration-able.