RCU Forums - View Single Post - Skymaster F-18F
Thread: Skymaster F-18F
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2015, 02:26 PM
bri6672
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok so I am back working on mine, I had an event this weekend some had to give a few other models some time...

My Xicoy valves are here but unfortunately I have decided to change out my retracts..... Mine is an older model that was sold under the ARF Plus line. Skymaster sourced their gear from airpower and while the struts and wheels are fine the retracts keep leaking at the half way point... I have tried new o-rings, silicone oil, grease etc... and even thou they function fine when with a full tank, they will stall and get stuck once the air pressure is down forcing me to reset the piston positions by hand.. This is way to nice of a jet to have to do that. So I ordered a set of Pro Link Hercules retracts from Dreamworks and they will be here tomorrow!

Since mine is an older model it features internal rudder controls which I really like BUT with their original linkage design they were prone to flutter. So one of my buddies machined me some burly control arms to give me a solid mechanical advantage for the rudders! Should have zero problems with this setup!!

I I have filled in the retract mounts with hysol and will have to redrill for the Pro Links since they are slightly different. Once that's dry and retracts are back in I can focus on the horizontal stab incidence which is way off from the factory!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	502
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	2092342