RCU Forums - View Single Post - DLE and others DRY Carbs?
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2015, 04:00 PM
av8tor1977
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Pastorello
av8tor - I've read that post several times, and understand the logic. The flow "draw" makes perfect sense, and a "remote primer bulb" would meet my need to mount it somewhere accessible.
Could you provide more information about where you would suggest drilling these tap points on the carbs for the 20's or 30's ?? Maybe a pic of the location you recommend ("below the pump diaphragm") ??
In any given carburetor, you would just have to have a good look at it, and locate where you could safely drill about a 1/8" hole where it would penetrate into the area below the regulator diaphragm. The hole needs to be able to pull a vacuum via the primer bulb on the fuel chamber below the diaphragm. Obviously, great care would have to be taken so that you don't drill into other carb passages, etc. Having a good look at a carb with a primer connection would be beneficial. Sorry, but I don't have any pictures to show what I mean at this time, but pulling a carb apart and looking closely at the fuel chamber below the regulator diaphragm will add some insight.

AV8TOR