RCU Forums - View Single Post - Skymaster Avanti XXL Build Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2015, 05:30 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Im curious, is the SM notification to the folks that dont have the carbon on the supports for the rudder or something else? It had to be flutter, I never heard anything or even noticed it but I have one tooth broke on two different metal gears and the only slop the rudder or any of my controls have is the slight play in the servo. I added hysol and refitted the pin for the rudder for a perfect slop free hing, im going to to change the servo arm and go down further on the arm to get more mechanic advantage to see if that helps. All in all the jet flew great the first flight had a flap setting issue, I forgot to add the flap value to the gear up condition. So I just landed without flaps, the jet doesn't need flaps to land, I was using take-off flaps and had a hard time getting it to land LOL. I didnt get to check the thrust vectoring due to the rudder servo problem, but I did find the right PSI for the main struts to get them to stay up so thats a plus! With the P200 and being 1/2 to full throttle the entire time I landed after about five minutes with just under a 1/4 fuel in the large tank, the main tank was still full since it empties last. So probably seven minutes easy per flight. My CG was perfect im about 1/4 inch from the aft limit and when inverted I barely push up, literally just one tic. The elevators were super sensitive so the I dont recommend going past book throws, but the ailerons are sluggish so I will add some throw and mix in elevators to speed it up.

Last edited by FenderBean; 04-26-2015 at 05:33 PM.