RCU Forums - View Single Post - No.. could it be..?
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2015, 07:32 PM
rcguy59
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think I would have been better off staying home and working on the Demon this weekend. Saturday was a total bust and the FW190 pissed me off so thoroughly I about stomped it into the ground. And that was without even flying it. Today, after some mods that the factory should have done in the beginning, it flew very nicely. I even got it down OK even though it was so tail-heavy I used ALL of my down elevator trim to keep it from climbing. Knowing it was foolish to fly the 190 again without more noseweight, I decide to fly my Corsair. I really liked it because it flew well and was stupid-fast. It was the TopFlite .60-size with a DLE 20cc gas engine. All was fine until I pulled just a bit too hard, too fast. The outer right wing panel punched out and the rest slammed in at triple digits. Here are the before and after pics. The mud-encased mass in front of the wreck is the engine. We didn't find the outer wing or the retract that was in it. Good riddance to the retracts. Those damned Robarts were crap anyway. My Sierra retracts have spoiled me rotten. Fearsomely expensive, but utterly reliable and bullet-proof. Now to decide on a replacement for the Corsair that won't require Robarts. I've included a pic of the Sierras on the 190 for those that have never seen them. Functional works of art. The tires/wheels on the 190 are also made by Sierra.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0288.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	3.43 MB
ID:	2092424   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0289.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	2.94 MB
ID:	2092425   Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0291.JPG
Views:	134
Size:	3.53 MB
ID:	2092426  

Last edited by rcguy59; 04-26-2015 at 07:36 PM.