RCU Forums - View Single Post - Super Tigre 2000 - 3000 Engines
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2015, 09:31 AM
DHG
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bax
The SuperTigre G2300 CAN NOT use the low-oil "ST" fuels. It must have an oil content of at least 18%.

The other big 'Tigres' can use fuel with an oil content of 10%-12% once they are fully-broken in.
Bax,

After running smaller glow engines for several decades I have recently acquired a G20, a 2500, and a 3000 and am enjoying how these big dudes run. I mixed up some fuel with 11% oil and 3% nitro based on posts I've seen here and elsewhere, and it seems to work fine on the bench with all 3 engines. Now I see your quote above and I'm wondering why would engines in the same size range, from the same manufacturer, want such radically different oil content? I certainly will switch to 18% oil for the G20 if necessary, but I'm having trouble understanding why that should be necessary. The G20 sounds the same as the others and makes white smoke when I twist the needle to the left, doesn't run hot, idles fine, etc. What determines how much oil is enough? Other than the death rattle after you've burned it up, that is.

Thx,
Duane