RCU Forums - View Single Post - Please explain exponential
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2015, 06:38 PM
drac1
My Feedback: (4)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Charlie P.
It does make it smoother in the center. But the flatter the center the more rapidly the surfaces have to move in the outer reaches to get to full deflection. If you have a surface that can move 40° up and down, but the first 50% of stick travel only moved the surface 10°, then the last 50% of stick travel has to pick up the remaining 30°. For me that gives a jerky response for some maueuvers.

As I said - personal preference.
Yes, everything is personal preference. What works for some, doesn't work for others.

More expo will give a smoother action for longer, but as you say it does have to pick up the rest sometime and with higher expo it does come on pretty quick. But when you get that much deflection, it is most likely going to be a bit jerky anyway especially with quick direction changes.

That's why dual/tripple rates or flight modes are good. Less travel can be set for maneuvers that don't require full deflection and you won't need a high amount of expo, which will stop the jerky movements when going to full travel on the reduced throw rate.