RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 04-30-2015, 06:42 AM
donnyman

Received 124 Likes on 97 Posts

G Ghostler

Cool kit! other than the laser cutting It makes me think of my younger days. I notice you are using Elmers glue, I have found it to be very good but to slow to set for my impatient self so I use CA. Maybe if I practiced more patients my models would look better. As a matter of fact the chairs for my dining room table self destructed over the years and a friend told me to use Elmers to glue and clamp them over night. The legs had split down there lengths. The results amazed me, my wife sanded and finished them to new and we have been enjoying them for several years now, we purchased the set in 1967.

please continue to post your progress I always learn something from others even after all these years of building.

I am priming my build and it is tedious. I took extra time to assure a smooth surface but I find myself using spot putty in a multitude of places. I even sanded thru the glass in some small areas very frustrating. Actually this is the part of building I like the least. but I am determined to get this thing off my bench.

You mentioning controline has made me get several models back in shape after hanging around here in poor condition Thanks! Heck I even semi organized my shop and have a lot more room for the effort.