RCU Forums - View Single Post - FW-190 D9 1/5 by fokkerc.com
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2015, 09:52 AM
Joespeeder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Rumen,

That's a very gracious offer..... Please don't spend your valuable time making a special bit for me. The D9 as shown is what I would like and I can add the stick myself.

A "stick" plane is used as a visual aid to show maneuvers by "flying" it like you would when you were a kid. I like to keep one in my car so that when we are at the field and describing maneuvers to others we can see the angles and shapes of the maneuvers.

The best example is try flying single file with friends and tell them each to do a barrel roll as they pass the flight stands. You'll get as many different styles of rolls as you have flyers....

Then show them the shape and style of roll you want by using the little practice stick plane and suddenly they will start to look much more uniform.

You see stick planes for the 3D guys, and if you really search you'll see them for a couple of jets. But the Warbird guys have to make their own.

Here's an example.

I'd like to PayPal you something. Your time is valuable and the little D9's are way cool !!!

Joe

If you are really ambitious you could create some like this !!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	db_file_img_9169_720x540.jpg
Views:	1141
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	2093223   Click image for larger version

Name:	image00567.jpg
Views:	988
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	2093224