RCU Forums - View Single Post - Larger Revolver
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2015, 10:25 AM
el_xero
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any new developments from anyone?

Originally Posted by Super08
Well thanks for that, very nice of you to say.

I ran it up in the driveway before the rain hit today and I see I will have to expose the top of the head after all. It is just rubbing on the fins enough that over time it will cut through anyways. Back out with the Dremel tool again, shouldn't take long to cut out. I have another 95 here so I will use the head off of it to trace out the outline and cut the cowl without removing the engine. That's the plan anyway until something goes wrong.
Any new developments? I'd sure like to see how yours fly's man.

Is every one busy flying or something?
Thread seems all but dead now.

Well I've got mine going.............finally.

Been a long time coming!!! Did all the changes I wanted and took her up 4 times now.

Great flying, intimidating - because it's so heavy (don't have a scale to check)
but great flying, I do have a few vids so I'll upload that right before I start the rebuild thread documenting the work to bring it back to life. Loads of pics too.

I took it up with a xoar 16x6 and it must be the weight because my bird feels like that DLE 20 is just not enough engine for it, evident in a vertical climb for a loop I can really feel it struggling.

Still, I'm quite happy with how it turned out and so is my master re-builder (looking on like a proud father at the first flight) what a relief that was!

I like the wood props but flying off dirt causes it to kick up lots of pebbles and I'm noticing degradation on the leading edge of the prop already.
I've only got one wood prop so I guess I'd better hurry and get more from redwing or something. They seem to have a better deal than tower's xoar's.

That's all for now I'll include a pic of what she looks like now.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Taxi for take off IMG_3883.JPG
Views:	358
Size:	4.93 MB
ID:	2093225