RCU Forums - View Single Post - Idea for self centering sticks
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2015, 06:40 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Idea for self centering sticks

Typically I buy the component pieces to add self centering to my ratchet stick on whatever radio I buy.

I tired a different HK radio, and I found the self centering set up to be much different then I am used to, and I couldn't be bothered to cast the pieces I would require. However when I thought about it for a minute , a figured why not just rotate the gimbal 90 degrees on the stick that is not self centering. Undo four screws and rotate the assembly 90 degrees. Takes less then 5 minutes. This results in a stick the self centers on the vertical, but not on the horizontal.. So on the throttte channel this means letting go of the stick the throttle will return to neutral.

Of course another option is to take apart the gimbal assembly and move the self centering pieces to the vertical travel, which would work equally well, but depending on the radio, may be a more finicky project

I think you will find for control of a tank it is much easier to live with the ratchet on the horizontal plane than the vertical.

Cheers