RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another Drone Pilot does it Again
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 04:58 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by HoundDog

inin:
Sure hope U are right but the real problem is that the Public and the FAA doesn't yet distinguish the AMA (Good Guys) from the Rouge Quad Pilots. (Probably more neurmous than all the AMA put together. These people don't kno it illegal to fly where they are and causing the problem. If there is a major accident or Loss of life I'm afraid the FAA/NTSB is not going to differenuate from us and the rouge Quad guys. Really all the contervercy with the FAA started when the AMAA/congress tried through ammendmant #336 what they were allowed and not allowed. This caused the FAA to say to congress U can't tell us how to accomplish the moderation of the ATC system only thing congress can do is that they are to moderinizr the ATC system.
Let's all hope and pray that no one causes any kind of accident with any R/C Fling Device. But we as Responsible R/C flyers must do every thing to nip in the bud anyone that might cause a problem and we also have to find a way to separate us from the ROUGE Quad people. We can not hope or even believe that amendment #336 is going to do anything but cause the FAA to give us grief for reasons stated above. JMHO

Hey Hound Dog ,

Look , buddy , I know you care about our hobby and I know you as well as a number of others are worried about the future . Well , I'll admit to originally having the same worries till I considered this ;

If "the powers that be" wanted us stopped , It would have happened already . The FAA is the least of our worries and our biggest threat would have come from somewhere like the "Department of homeland security" , you know them , they were the people who charged that idiot from Ashland Massachusetts with plotting to fly an RC plane full of explosives into the pentagon . That (averted) incident didn't involve quads but good ol fashioned RC planes like we were worried about of loosing the use of . And still today we fly .The rulemaking has been done , the legally required operating standards are in place , and so now "they" have solid legal footing to charge anyone who makes a menace of themselves . That's what I see as behind the rulemaking , that it was not a way to eliminate us , instead it's a way to punish bad behavior in a way that will stand up in a court of law .

Happy Flying

Last edited by init4fun; 05-03-2015 at 05:00 AM.