RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another Drone Pilot does it Again
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 10:06 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by init4fun
Hey Hound Dog ,

Look , buddy , I know you care about our hobby and I know you as well as a number of others are worried about the future . Well , I'll admit to originally having the same worries till I considered this ;

If "the powers that be" wanted us stopped , It would have happened already . The FAA is the least of our worries and our biggest threat would have come from somewhere like the "Department of homeland security" , you know them , they were the people who charged that idiot from Ashland Massachusetts with plotting to fly an RC plane full of explosives into the pentagon . That (averted) incident didn't involve quads but good ol fashioned RC planes like we were worried about of loosing the use of . And still today we fly .The rulemaking has been done , the legally required operating standards are in place , and so now "they" have solid legal footing to charge anyone who makes a menace of themselves . That's what I see as behind the rulemaking , that it was not a way to eliminate us , instead it's a way to punish bad behavior in a way that will stand up in a court of law .

Happy Flying Too Winday today Sunday 5/3 but I just noticed the sun is back out so maybe just before sundown will work better.
INIT:
Man I pray U are right ...but think about the saying "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of Cure". If we don't make sure the FAA knows the differance from the "Rouge Quad Flyer" and those of us that mainly fly "On the Reservation" i.e. AMA Fields then we have no one to blame if your point of view proves to be WRONG. JMHO