RCU Forums - View Single Post - What is the deal with WILL NOT SHIP!?
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 11:13 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mistermnkim
I understand there are people not able to ship, that being said I just question why so many people advertise on a world wide site like rcuniverse without even considering the option to ship. Might be a better option to advertise locally? Just a thought, im not trying to step on toes just thought it might be an interesting discussion on the subject.

Because sales and connections are still made even with 'local pickup only' and people have crossed oceans to make such deals. In the past I have made some sales as well as buys over a great many miles and made connections at major and some more obscure events. Without us being able to run adds in a world wide site as you noted these sales and barters could never have taken place.

Now if someone runs an add and neglects to advert "local pickup only" when in fact that is the case, then of course this is something to complain about. However as long as the notation is included in the add then agine there is nothing wrong with that. Its quite likely you will start to see more and more of this as the prices of shipping even average kit size boxes become prohibitive such as Flaphappys case above and shipping was as much as the airplane almost and he had to eat it, Yes likely to see more of this.

John

Last edited by JohnBuckner; 05-03-2015 at 11:17 AM.