RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another Drone Pilot does it Again
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 01:46 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Hi Hound Dog ,

But you see my Friend , the FAA has already made the distinction . Anybody who flys under the CBO (AMA) safety code , will never have to worry because as I mentioned earlier , they won't be getting in the way of full scale or otherwise making a menace of themselves . The legal UAS guys who are doing it for profit and follow all the FAA's more stringent rules of commercial UAS operations will likewise file their flight plans , get their clearances , and legally fly their paid for missions . Now the rogue , the idiot , the dolt who follows neither the CBO nor the commercial rules , will be in a world of poop when the FAA catches up with them , as the rules of safe operation for each class of flying have already been clearly established . Now it's just to be learned exactly what the penalties for non compliance will be . I'd imagine they'd be pretty harsh , and rightfully so . Once they "throw the book" at a couple or few of the "hey , lookie the video I got of me chasin down a jet" morons , word will get out that the penalties just aren't worth the 30 seconds of video , and then all that will be left are the folks who do follow the rules .

And remember , anyone who flys a quad equipped with FPV , and perfectly follows AMA doc. #550 to the letter , really ARE our fellow aviators and deserve all the support we traditional fixed wing flyers can give them . Just as we have a duty to shun the unsafe flying of even our fixed wing brethren if they make a habbit of stepping outside the rules . It's not the type of aircraft , it's the way it's flown , that determines the difference between a good Pilot and a dolt who's gonna meet the long arm of Mr. FAA some fine day ....