RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another Drone Pilot does it Again
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 02:39 PM
FLAPHappy
My Feedback: (209)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun
Hi Hound Dog ,

But you see my Friend , the FAA has already made the distinction . Anybody who flys under the CBO (AMA) safety code , will never have to worry because as I mentioned earlier , they won't be getting in the way of full scale or otherwise making a menace of themselves . The legal UAS guys who are doing it for profit and follow all the FAA's more stringent rules of commercial UAS operations will likewise file their flight plans , get their clearances , and legally fly their paid for missions . Now the rogue , the idiot , the dolt who follows neither the CBO nor the commercial rules , will be in a world of poop when the FAA catches up with them , as the rules of safe operation for each class of flying have already been clearly established . Now it's just to be learned exactly what the penalties for non compliance will be . I'd imagine they'd be pretty harsh , and rightfully so . Once they "throw the book" at a couple or few of the "hey , lookie the video I got of me chasin down a jet" morons , word will get out that the penalties just aren't worth the 30 seconds of video , and then all that will be left are the folks who do follow the rules .

And remember , anyone who flys a quad equipped with FPV , and perfectly follows AMA doc. #550 to the letter , really ARE our fellow aviators and deserve all the support we traditional fixed wing flyers can give them . Just as we have a duty to shun the unsafe flying of even our fixed wing brethren if they make a habbit of stepping outside the rules . It's not the type of aircraft , it's the way it's flown , that determines the difference between a good Pilot and a dolt who's gonna meet the long arm of Mr. FAA some fine day ....
TOUCHE!!!, You are gettin the drift, now how can we convince the AMA and FAA we are not all bad Pilots, that is the question? As these rogue pilots " beginners to the Hobby" not knowing the rules, tarnish our good standing with the recent and increasing numbers of near misses caused by a few, we could be faced with more regulation, which nobody wants.
I would like to ask three questions, "How do we Resolve this in a reasonable way without more regulation rules imposed?" Can it be done and how? Register every Drone sold? That to me is extreme, but maybe necessary.

Last edited by FLAPHappy; 05-03-2015 at 02:44 PM.