RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pilot Dolphin Review and Build
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 03:57 PM
Tip22v

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

I got three more flights on the Dolphin Jet today. This time I flew at my club's field where the strip is only 300'. Here is the video link: https://youtu.be/_rwtjZcKJjA

The landings were nothing to write home about but i did not break anything, I just need to get more familiar with this jet and then I'm confident I will be able to hone my landings. My buddy radar checked my speed, my normal cruise speed was about 105 mph, this was about 1/2 throttle. Approach speed was 46-48 mph with full flaps. I went full throttle on one of the passes and was clocked at 134 mph, I believe I can get this jet to 150ish if I have enough room to let it spool up. Our field is just too small to accelerate to full speed. One thing I figured out today is not to chop the throttle on short final, this will cause the nose to immediately dive making the flare more difficult.
I still feel the oleo struts are not right for this jet, the struts should not be fully compressed just sitting there under it's own weight. On another note, the replacement brakes that Tony sent me are working great!

Tom