RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another Drone Pilot does it Again
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 05:32 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by FLAPHappy
TOUCHE!!!, You are gettin the drift, now how can we convince the AMA and FAA we are not all bad Pilots, that is the question? As these rogue pilots " beginners to the Hobby" not knowing the rules, tarnish our good standing with the recent and increasing numbers of near misses caused by a few, we could be faced with more regulation, which nobody wants.
I would like to ask three questions, "How do we Resolve this in a reasonable way without more regulation rules imposed?" Can it be done and how? Register every Drone sold? That to me is extreme, but maybe necessary.
The FAA IMO already knows that the people they have the problem with are not the ones that are following the rules be it theirs or the AMA. They also trying to shut down or severely restrict
the hobby as a whole would do no good but just create more problems and lawsuits. As for the rest of us I don't see a lot we can do other tan educate if we come across someone flying in the
wrong place if they are willing to listen. I think the ball is in the FAA's court to deal with the rogue flyers.