RCU Forums - View Single Post - are these blades any good for cp pro?
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 11:52 PM
Aframomum
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys,

Nick,

Many companies will 'try out' potential hiree's during internships - just be punctual all the time, show interest in the company, and make a positive contribution (which you already know and do) and I feel you won't have any problems getting an offer at the conclusion of the internship.

How long until your fully vested in your present company? I wouldn't want to throw free money away either so I can understand your need to stay for that little last bit. Saving for a downpayment is a good idea but also don't forget to save a bit more for items you'll need for the house. That's one thing many new homeowners mistakenly do, myself included. You finish closing and then realize you need to get stuff for the house - furnishings, lights, blinds, lawnmower, the list does go on and on! lol But as JPEE said, you have both feet planted firmly on the ground at such a young age. And that is a good thing.

Sounds like your DJ mixer project is moving along nicely, is most of the work finished in this semester alone? Doesn't sound like you'll have much to do next semester except install those extra features you spoke about.

Good luck with your finals this week!

JPEE,

Yeah, I've noticed RCU is still having random issues so I still save all my posts before hitting submit b/c I've lost posts in the past and its dang frustrating each time.

I hope you and lil'Judy have gotten some rest after your trailer cover repair ordeal. That was a lot of driving too, glad the new truck performed flawlessly. That styrofoam packing material should hold up much better than the pool noodle stuff so I think you'll be in the clear with that. Good news on the insurance savings getting a company to cover the trailer as a house instead of a vehicle.

On my end I did make the trip last week to do some interior painting and was a bit overwhelmed at the amount of work needed. I was furious at the condition my house was left in.

I spent a day cleaning - had to scrub the floors (bathroom and kitchen) as they were sticky and had some gritty stuff on them, windex all the windows as they were covered in hand/streak marks, wash all the baseboards (dust, dirt, and food crap), replace the airfilter (it was caked in dust/dirt - never had I seen a filter so dirty), replace all the lights in the house (ceiling fans bulbs, bathroom globes, kitchen recessed floods, and outside floods), swiffer dustered all the friggen cobwebs from the ceiling (yes, you heard right - cobwebs), and then finally - the refrigerator.

Do you have any idea what happens to a refrigerator when the electricity is off for a month? One word........mold! Pulled all the shelves off and took them outside to clean. But before that a trip to Lowe's to get some respirator masks, spray bottle and bleach and I soaked the inside of the frige and let it sit for a few hours. A whole lot of work but got everything in decent condition. I guess some people's idea of cleaning is much different than mine.

And after that I only had 6 hours to do painting. I was able to finish one room and mostly a second - doing any kind of trim painting is always time consuming for me. I decided to forgo the taping that I usually do and use one of those ceiling/floorboard trim tools and corner tools, it did a good job with just a few drips that I cleaned up. Out of 34 hours my trip took I had a total of 2 hours sleep. It has been a long time since I've stayed up that long.

Mark

Last edited by Aframomum; 05-03-2015 at 11:55 PM.