RCU Forums - View Single Post - Krylon paint
Thread: Krylon paint
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2015, 05:22 PM
Truckracer
My Feedback: (19)

Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

They reformulated Krylon some time back and in my opinion, it is horrible paint now. Poor coverage, poor gloss, sprays poorly, etc. I no longer use it for home projects, much less anything on an airplane. As Tom said, Rustoleum is a far better product and superior in every way I can detect. I does dry much slower than Krylon though. The new spray nozzles on the Rustoleum cans is a nice improvement also. The only spray can paint I ever used that was superior was the old, now long gone Pactra Formula U.

Rustoleum has moderate resistance to glo fuel and excellent resistance to gasoline. The regular white can Rustoleum dries slower than the tall can, Industrial Formula but the white can has more gloss. The white can clear offers quite a bit of additional shine but make sure you sand the gloss off the base coat using something like 1000 grit W/D or the clear will not adhere well. Unlike many enamel paints, Rustoleum can be color sanded and buffed to a very high shine. Good stuff and its cheap!

Not a substitute for something like Klass Kote or automotive paints but Rustoleum works extremely well in many cases.

Last edited by Truckracer; 05-07-2015 at 05:29 PM.