RCU Forums - View Single Post - Gilmore Red Lion Build
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2015, 07:55 AM
Melchizedek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That would be one way of doing it. You would need mold plus one uniform thickness blister on top of mold then pore opposite casting.
Then you would have a male female mold with proper space between. Then you could just mechanically clamp the two molds together with layup between and waffle iron your blister. That is if POP would hold up to 18 press ups.
I don't wish to do the challenge of male female mold. Also bleeding excess resin off would be further challenge to male female mold spacing.

The above is just my thinking. I am doing it this way cause I am familiar with this way to produce a uniform non resin rich part.

Iteration 1 is perfect and strong as all get out but to heavy. I think I could stand on it and not crush it.

Iteration 2 Is a little too soft for 1/3 scale and I could crush it easily with thumb. Think bump on door frame moving model.
Also the two areas that are not fully laminated can be pushed in and out.

The fastest cheapest way I can think of to do this is vacuum form them out of plastic. But I don't wish to go this route.

I think once I get the kinks ironed out this will be easily repeatable. If not, then coarse change.

Kevin