RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jet show or not a jet show ?
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2015, 03:15 PM
bonehead2434
My Feedback: (179)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jet show or not a jet show ?

SOMETHING needs to be said here today and I normally stay out of these threads but this time it just rubbed me the wrong way and i dont mean any harm to anyone but see what you think ,,, Ive got so many friends in the jet word community and i heard yesterday that my club is hosting an event for the first time with a friend of mine and I was excited and telling everyone about it then the more I found out about it the more disappointing the news ,, For the first time a jet event that excludes turbine powered jets ,,,I will say this all included on both sides of this are friends of mine very good friends,,if you know me there is no question about my intentions . This saddens me but it is time to say something now ,,,,electric jet event that only electric can participate ,,,OK as long as ive been flying i know for a fact turbine came first and is in my mind still the way to go I like the smell of it the extreme power and ive dabbled in electric but im still waiting for the right one to get my attention so im not against electric powered jets at all ! BUT here is the catch i was there Bob when you showed up in kentucky all those years ago and you were the only one with electric powered jet I stood with you man and today i think youve made a unclear decision to ban turbine power at your event in my backyard and in my own club its kind of a slap in the face ,,from you and my club members for allowing it ,I cannot support this event anymore and i wish you could of kept that in Cincinnati where it doesn't matter to me so much . events have always allowed electric powered planes and has never been a problem other than waiting to see how far jet powered jet has come since the first time i seen you fly Bob and i think electric owes you alot for doing that . That bein said what your doing wrong is stopping the owner of the field and the president of the club and members and friends of yours who has been with you all these years from flying and bringing money to your event (that just dont make since ) I cant believe it was approved AND I knew i would stopped you if could way back i just cant believe my ears when i heard this ,,,Bob your still my friend and I make mistakes every day and if I banned electric from a event i was having I know you would be doing this same thing !