RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jet show or not a jet show ?
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2015, 09:04 AM
speed is life

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by raron455
Well, if we are gonna get technical,,wikepidia, and Mr. WEBSTER define JET as an aircraft powered by one or more jet engines. Now define jet engine, very clear, this is not to start a pissing contest, just to clarify, what the definition of a jet is. Been to many jet rallys, and edf planes are always welcome,even seen awards for edf planes at jet rally. Now to have a jet rally but prevent actual jets from playin is not nice personally i dont agrree with it but its your club, they can take hair dryers and put them in roller skates if they want.. personally i have flown my ultra flash with buddies foam f86/viperjet and foam a10, we have fun..
"Technicalities" aside.......then back in the heyday of Nitro Ducted Fan, what did you call those? Surely by your definition any BVM Maverick or Viper, CenturyJet Starfire, various JHH models running Nitro in a piston engine ducted fan were NOT jets?
.......and they were in fairly common use BEFORE even the Sophia turbine came along......so?

sounds like you guys would want to crash a 3D event with your CARF Flash because you can't stand "exclusion"......sheesh. Or maybe Kentucky Jets needs to allow WWII scale so that those guys don't feel excluded.
- Mike