RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jet show or not a jet show ?
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2015, 07:16 AM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Why would anyone want to fly a turbine at a EDF jet event? I like the idea of separating them. Turbines and EDF's are very different (both have their +/-) and there are only a hand full of EDF jets that can keep up with Turbines in the air. Most are foamies and turbines are a hazard flying around foamies. I think it's a good idea to restrict the event to exclude turbines. Unless you have an e-bandit or something similar the two are like mixing oil and water together.

Moreover, I like the idea of an event that focuses on EDF jets because I would really like to see a point where SCALE jets could fly EDF for 10 min flights. I know some guys who would dump their turbines in a second if that happened. I wouldn't lol because I still love the smell, sound and scale effect of a turbine scale jet. But I would fall into the crowd of flyers who would enjoy having the accessability of such. That is why I'm a sucker for the latest greatest EDF foamie scale jet. To me it's just a natural extension of the hobby.

But right now the two really don't mix very well.

Cheers to all and Enjoy what you got! lol.
Andy