RCU Forums - View Single Post - old timers look here must be 50+ years only
Old 05-11-2015, 11:41 AM
donnyman

Received 124 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by skylark-flier
Donny, you're not alone in the finishing department - just got the 2nd color done on my Stratus fuse and 3rd color goes on tomorrow. Of course, being a 1966 SIG bird she's gotta have a 1966 cover - SIG koverall & dope got the nod. I guess it just seems like it's taking forever.

Probably won't even get to START the wing until next week sometime.

Ringmaster's GOTTA have dope finish, of course. My last several CL birds have been SIG dopes over Koverall - just love the stuff.

Here's the Stratus fuse so far: Sorry 'bout the lousy pic, not the best light situation. Anyway, bottom color will be Miami blue. That top color is my 20-yr old SIG Metallic Maroon which has been out of production probably most of the past 20 years. Gonna be sorry to see the last of that quart can - this is the 3rd plane to carry colors from it (and probably the last). Had to thin it near 50/50 when I opened it this time - and that's for brushing purposes. Can's still about half-full though, so I'm going to have plenty left (again) when this project is done.
I do not look forward to sanding all this primer off, seven feet of paint. but I am also doing my honeydo's like this one of the cabinets from my motorhome that was damaged by a water leak and it's amost ready to reinstall.

I may even get a chance to put some coverall and dope on the ringmaster.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0208.JPG
Views:	268
Size:	3.78 MB
ID:	2095373   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0213.JPG
Views:	244
Size:	3.64 MB
ID:	2095374