RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jet show or not a jet show ?
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2015, 10:04 PM
Eddie P
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This will be an awesome jet show IMHO. Electric jets really open up model jets to most everyone. But yeah, sure, the high end electric jets can do just about most of what a turbine can do too at the cost of complexity and specialization. It's a very diverse crowd at an electric jet event. I can see why they want to keep the "accessibility" of the event open to the entry level crowd as well as give the higher end guys a place to shine... show off the new technology and performance in an environment where that sort of thing is appreciated.

Turbine power has my heart strings and I love flying turbines. I love jet rallies with more turbine jets than you can shake a stick at. But if I want to get my geek on with electric jets, and all the specialty stuff involved with that, I prefer to do it at a dedicated electric jet event. I love EDF, it's a lot of fun. Can be as plug and play as you like or as experimental and bleeding edge as you want. It's one of the places where the heavy creativity and brain power in model aviation plays these days. I wish I could make it to this event, it will be world class in every way.

Last edited by Eddie P; 05-11-2015 at 10:07 PM.