RCU Forums - View Single Post - What Do You Think Of This Radio
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2015, 05:43 AM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Indeed It has been my experience when folks are first starting out the most successful and most likely to continue and grow into the hobby/sport are those who heed the advice to: Always when starting to acquire the most current and that means the evil 'computer radio" with all that you can afford.

Now Ratshooter forgive me I do know your situation is different and you have had experience for some years but its important to stress that advice above for the new folks coming into the hobby. The Time for leaning computer radios is indeed right from the very start. I am aware of how difficult it is for folks of an earlier era to learn this stuff. Having personally experienced in RC five completely different identifiable types of RC systems. Systems which required in effect learning to fly all over agine in a different way each time. This since the late fifties and of course also my beloved controlline since the early fifties of which I am proud of the fact I have remained remained somewhat involved without ever stopping all these years.

My apologies for the bio but I thought it would help to illustrate I do understand your position. Now back to the Attack radios and the 610 you linked Ratshooter. I do think it is a viable and reliable system. It is a single airplane system and it has no Adjustable Travel Volume or End Points (both of which means the same thing) it dos have many other computer features that it would benefits you such as dual rates on all three major flight controls and yes dude that's worth learning Other valuble computer features are V tail and elevon for thos popular flying wings.

OK now for one of the most unique and that is the cordless buddy system (a buddy cord with no cord, Yes) I know you already know how to fly but how many time times have wanted to help a son, grandkid or whatever. yup I'll bet. A cordless buddy cord does have an effect on them a very positive effect.

Last but not least the next attack model up does have those adjustable end points you spoke of and I think more model storage, another thirty bucks or so.

John