RCU Forums - View Single Post - Jet show or not a jet show ?
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2015, 07:40 AM
Eddie P
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Turbine bans suck but there are some fields where it may not be a great mix. In areas with turbine bans there can still be a careless attitude in electric flying about fire. The one thing that allows this attitude to proliferate (besides fire for any type of RC model being extremely rare including turbine) - is the fact that lipo fires are mostly contained in a small area. They do not cover a wide area with sudden flammable sprayed liquid that can get a class A fire started and sustained very quickly. Typically, lipo fires are very localized (even if intense) and do not spread rapidly enough on their own to cause a sudden uncontrollable situation on most surfaces when observers have eyes on the crash site and get to it rapidly. Of course, if they crash in a dry overgrown grassy field... or area with a lot of fuel available... or in an unseen location (fly away) they will create the same hazard as a turbine crash, maybe more of a hazard actually. For that reason I still carry a fire extinguisher in my Yukon even if my turbines are at home. Just in case my electric causes an issue.